Be the first to know what’s happening. You’ll also get:
- a FREE music sampler (w/ live tracks and unreleased songs)
- exclusive first listens and behind-the-scenes content
- no more than two emails per month (seriously, no spam)
I really enjoy a great love story, especially one that revolves around love that has stood the test of time. My great-grandparents had one of those stories. They fell in love young, traveled the country together, raised a family, and watched their grandkids and great-grandkids grow up. Through it all, they had a love for each other that was deep and unshakable. I wrote this song from the perspective of my great-grandfather, Kenneth, as a love letter to my great-grandma, Chelue. It revisits some of the memories they shared and celebrates their full life together.
* The organ part near the end of the song is a nod to the organ that sat in my great-grandparents dining room.
* I loved “playing” that organ as a kid – flipping the switches and experimenting with different sounds.