Be the first to know what’s happening. You’ll also get:
- a FREE music sampler (w/ live tracks and unreleased songs)
- exclusive first listens and behind-the-scenes content
- no more than two emails per month (seriously, no spam)
I live two hours north of Boston and, like many Northerners, I enjoy going into the city for an evening or day trip. I like to watch people do life in an environment that’s very different from my own and romanticize about living in their world. “City Folks” is meant to capture the feeling of being in love with the idea of the city. It’s a “grass is always greener” look at city living and a reminder of the satisfaction found in appreciating what you have.
* The city sounds heard at the beginning of the song were captured in NYC, Boston and Chiang Rai (Thailand).
* The rain sounds in the background of verse three were captured from my back porch in Derry, NH.