Be the first to know what’s happening. You’ll also get:
- a FREE music sampler (w/ live tracks and unreleased songs)
- exclusive first listens and behind-the-scenes content
- no more than two emails per month (seriously, no spam)
There is something about that feeling of a childhood crush that’s still relatable as an adult. It’s an exhilarating rush of emotions that drive you to do crazy things. It’s the persistent desire to tell someone that you’re falling for them and the fear of finding out they don’t feel the same way. “Red Paper Heart” is the inner monologue of a love-struck individual working up the courage to tell someone how they feel. It’s also the celebration of a starting point – the serendipity of two hearts being drawn to each other and their choosing to take a risk in hopes of finding a love that burns bright and long.
* This song was written during a month-long songwriting project in February 2016.
* I set out with the constraint of writing a Valentine’s Day-themed song that wasn’t… too sappy.